The year 2020 has seen Healthcare as one of the most essential, dynamic industry boosting with opportunities. Amidst this whole new normal expedition, there has been a surging global demand for innovation for continual improvements in health outcomes, access, quality, affordability. As the world challenges with the pandemic, the industry players must focus on the following top healthcare trends.
- New Business Models - 2020 has observed advance and transformational business models creating a significant value in terms of healthcare costs as well as quality. There has been an extensive surpassing of the health systems that are coordinating between delivering continuing care with minimal dependency on acute care assets. The industry players must rapidly shift their attention towards driving these efficient ways of innovation and scale it further to give a boost to what has been done in the past.
- Modernized Care-based Model - Innovation in the care model has substantiated in multiple ways in this year. Care Models focused on the future will matter most to the consumers’ experience in the current healthcare ecosystem. By taking advantage of the fitting process, people and technology, the industry is now able to address advancing healthcare needs for both individual as well as group. Such kind of care models and technologies have enabled early diagnosis and efficient monitoring patient response. The year 2020 also saw an expansion in virtual care giving system.
- Healthcare Ecosystem - The medical industry is evolving with dynamic changes and the latest technologies like Applied Artificial Intelligence, telemedicine and other Cloud-based applications. These digital advancements have enabled fruitful ways for the development of a healthcare ecosystem that are personalized, consumer-focused, direct and automatic yet integrated. Healthcare industry leaders must now have a clear vision of their significant role in the future environs by finding how they want to organize their innovation capabilities with mergers and acquisitions.
- Healthcare amalgamation with the digital world - Nearly 65% of hospitals now are using either cloud or cloud-based services. Despite of the challenges, there has been an ongoing progress in healthcare transformation with the use of digital technologies. Cloud, 5G, AI and IoMT (Internet of Medical Things) are rapidly changing consumer preferences and shaping the healthcare sector. Rising use of DaaP (Data-as-a-Platform) are of great benefit to extract insights from patient data. With the advancing Telemedicine technology, health care systems will likely to continue their research and investment to identify uncertainties that might follow and keep those in check.
- Future of Work - New care models enabled by technology has a high potential to change the role that physicians will play in the healthcare infrastructure and delivery in the future. In the next 10 years, the transition will only accelerate. To offset their own workforce shortages, many nations are offering high incentives to pull foreign talent and encourage them to work in remote areas. Healthcare organizations are also using alternate employment models such as contract or virtual to securely retain their cost-effective talent models of the next generation.
To conclude, the healthcare industry is emerging with some of the most appealing trends today. This makes it obvious that those who fail to assimilate modern technology trends will fell between the cracks. It is of utmost importance today to be aware of as well as effectively implement some of these technological trends transforming the care-based healthcare industry. Contact Us today for guidance with your digital transformation initiatives for your healthcare organisation.