- Interface with our Business Analytics & data science teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Model data and metadata to support discovery, ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Design and implement data pipelines using cloud/on-premise technologies
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions.
- Develop and promote best practices in data engineering, including scalability, reusability, maintainability, and usability.
- Tune and ensure compute performance by optimizing queries, databases, files, tables, and processes.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Partner with a data platform team to establish SLAs and resolve any data/process issues.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in data architecture and business intelligence
- 3 + years of experience in developing solutions in distributed technologies such as Hadoop, hive and spark
- Experience in delivering end to end solutions using AWS services – S3, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift & EMR
- Expert in data modeling, metadata management, and data quality.
- SQL performance tuning.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
- Experience in SQL Server BI stack and with a BI reporting tool
- Experience migrating from an on-prem to cloud data platform will be a plus