Client: A US-based multinational company manufacturing technical products.
Problem: The client needed to connect their product with the cloud using IoT to allow their product to be remotely managed, to gain insights on the use of the device and allow the product to be upgraded via over the air update (OTA). The goal was to reduce operating costs, increase device uptime & enhance device security through this remote connection.
VT’s Solution: We developed a system that deployed content dynamically on any device, allowing the client to manage their devices and device settings from anywhere in the world. This solution can be thought of having three distinct yet connected components.
- Device Management: Provides complete control over your devices, allowing you to lock the interface and open ports down to help prevent tampering.
- Dashboard: Provides a real time, easy to understand graphical presentation of key device metrics and data. Users can see CPU activity and analytics as a measure of general device health, as well as a listing of all high priority alerts and notifications.
- OS Management: From Operating System (OS) upgrades and security patches to driver updates, new hardware controls and many more operating system level updates, all can be applied remotely with ease.
By utilizing the solution, we were able to reduce operating costs, increase device up time, enhance device security, allowed customers to leverage existing investments in mobile and web assets, and introduced a modular and scalable system which integrates with existing content management system platforms & MDM tools.
- Achieved client’s business objectives, by implementing an IoT system on top of client’s in-house systems, to allow them to connect, monitor and upgrade their devices remotely.
- Created an IoT system that allowed the user to remotely control multiple devices from anywhere in the world, allowing dynamic content to be pushed, or to upgrade device OS.
- Provided real time metrics and data through dashboards and visualizations to monitor device health, and measure device usage.