Virtue Tech an AWS Data Engineering company is seeking an exceptional Tera data engineer to join the team.
If you’re passionate about software development and providing great BIG data solutions, then we’d like you to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the latest big data technologies and industry leading visualization tools to deliver world-class data solutions to our business partners. You will be responsible for the analysis and development of data sources,and automating the processes that drive our BI dashboards and reports. You will also build and support the platform infrastructure that enables our business to make informed decisions and get to know our customers better.
- Develop reliable processes to cleanse, transform, and load first- and third-party data sources into the Hadoop data lake using Pig, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Configure Oozie jobs and processes to automate tasks and ensure data availability and quality.
- Create system monitors and automation to ensure the environment is available and performant.
- Support and maintain data and Teradata instance to meet business delivery.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, commitment to team, and positive attitude.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL.
- Proficient in relational database e.g. Teradata, SQL Server
- Experience coding in Java, Python, or other languages.
- Proficient in Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of Teradata ETL – tpt, bteq, tdch, fastload or other technologies
- – Knowledge of Data modeling a plus – Knowledge of AWS