Client: A US-based client in the hospitality space.
Problem: The client needed a system that helped them track the indoor location of their staff on premises, in case of emergencies. Here we are looking at an IoT implementation that allows the client to track staff in case of emergencies, to quickly alert them of the situation, allowing faster response time and increasing visibility in such cases.
VT’s Solution: We setup and deployed a cloud service to form the backbone of the IoT service. We set up BLE beacons and gateways which collected location data of the staff on premises, and IoT buttons that sent out SOS alerts to the IoT service and the client when pressed. We developed a web portal and mobile applications to monitor the IoT devices, alert all systems when SOS is triggered and provide location of staff members or guests who triggered the SOS alert. We can see the solution made up of three parts:
- SOS Alerts: Allows the staff to click a button to send SOS alerts on the central dashboard and relevant stakeholders for immediate action.
- Indoor location tracking: Beacons combined with the SOS button track the real time location of the staff that pressed the SOS button and sends the indoor location to the security guards and other people with access so help can be sent immediately to the location needed.
- Web and Mobile App: Helps to configure the system for every client. Allows to real time monitor the status of system and view alerts.
- Achieved client’s business objectives by providing an end to end IoT solution that kept track of staff while they were on premises, so that they can be tracked in case of emergency and alerted about the situation.
- Deployed IoT services that track staff using BLE and IoT buttons which allow staff to call for help in case of emergencies.
- Developed web and mobile applications providing client view alerts and monitor emergency situations in real time, allowing them to inform other staff and guests.